Armando Veve

I'm so lucky to be able to go to a school that consistently churns out great artists! Armando Veve graduated from RISD with a BFA in illustration in 2011, but I saw his work when I visited the school last year and happened to catch the senior illustration show, and was recently reminded of him when I saw on the RISD website that he won an award from the Society of Illustrators for his piece "Mysteries That Howl and Hunt" (below). I think Armando has a great loose inking style and a really admirable sense of detail and overall composition. I also love his mix of inspirations; he draws equally from classical sculpture, retro cartoon characters, and contemporary art, but manages to integrate all his influences into cohesive pieces. More of Armando's work can be seen here.
- Elizabeth









0 comments:

Post a Comment