Jack Hughes

Loving the diversity in these works by Jack Hughes! I especially like the space and constellation inspired illustrations he's done - the mix of digital and painted elements with the little sparkle-like stars is really fun. His '100 Years of Solitude' cover is nice, especially in that it uses the constellation inspiration without relying on a blue color to convey the space-y message (in un-related thoughts: I feel like every illustrator I like has made a cover for 100 years of solitude! Some sort of rite of passage I don't know about?)
I also really enjoy this "synthesizer" thing he's done - the wood-grain of the outside structure pairs really well with his clean and colorful  illustrations, and I think he did a great job making the cut-out segments interesting and varied shapes and sizes. Well done, Jack! More work here.
- Elizabeh

0 comments:

Post a Comment