Rebecca Simon

(Note: let me just say that I met Rebecca over half a year ago at this show, yet have somehow managed not to post about her work already. For that I am sorry!)

Some of the scenes that Rebecca paints remind me of a cotton candy colored version of my horribly awkward Bat Mitzvah or my mom's junior prom. Others are closer to what I suppose I wished my Bat Mitzvah had been like - wonderfully composed and feminine snapshots of time. Either way, there is no question that Rebecca has an incredible eye. Her CV is particularly impressive, as she got her B.A. in Fine Arts from the University of Pennsylvania, a post-baccalaureate certificate in painting from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, and this year, her MFA from Hunter College in New York City. Her work will be in the annual "Made in NY 2011" juried exhibition at the Schweinfurth Art Center in NYC, which other than having my charming boss Kenise Barnes as one of the jurors, has its opening reception is this sunday so stop by if you're in the area! Here's her website for more lovely work.





0 comments:

Post a Comment