Jeff Soto in Hi Fructose








Hi Fructose (one of my favorite art magazines and a major inspirations for me starting Domestic Etch) just came out with volume 16, and I was super happy to see that the cover artist was Jeff Soto. I absolutely love Jeff's mix of candy colored fluff and rainbows with demon iconography and skulls, and while I think a lot of artists try and evoke similar contradictions, I'm really impressed with Jeff's ability to avoid his work looking contrived or overworked. He sort of manages to have a childlike nature while still creating totally mature, dense, interesting pieces. Anyways, the article about him was really interesting, and I especially loved the little sketchbook section they included. Definitely check it out, there's a ton of other great artists in it as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment