Klassen's work for Coraline







I posted about Jon quite a while back (here) but I saw some of his Coraline drawings recently and thought I might elaborate on why I love this guy...
Like before, I love the flatness of his paintings as well as his variegated line-work, and he's supernatural with textures. Despite the wintry scenes, his work isn't without humor, and a lot of it is quite cute! Reminds me a bit of Adam Hancher (our back cover artist for the most recent issue!)

But really, the repost is for the fact that he also did some really great development work for Coraline back in the day, which other than being really wonderfully in sync with the direction the movie went (which no surprise, I thought was a GREAT) is fantastic in its own right. Really makes you think about all the different art styles that compile to create a film with such a clear design direction.
Anyways, definitely check out his site lots of Coraline work and more, there is a ton of stuff to see including some videos, and yet again, I had a super hard time deciding what to post.

http://www.burstofbeaden.com/

1 comments:

alphaandomega said...

everything just works so well in his pieces...

Post a Comment