Jon Burgerman







http://www.jonburgerman.com/

In interviewed Jon for the latest issue of Domestic Etch (still available over at mag cloud!) and thought I'd put a few little answer tidbits in here to entice you. Enjoy!

What’s your favorite decade?
Whatever decade we're in right now. Can't look back, don't over project forward, try and enjoy the now, man!

You've done a lot of 3D work like heroes of burgertown, what do you like about it as opposed to 2D?
I like the physically. I like that you can hold the work in your hand, chew on the head of a character and watch it topple over on your desk.

How would you explain your art to someone who has never seen it?
Imagine you've just sneezed out a colourful ink blot of worms and jam.

How do you think technology has influenced the art world? How has it affected your art specifically?
It's made things happen quicker. It's helped me a great deal in getting my work out and about in a relatively cheapand efficient manner. Now I potentially can send more and chat to people anywhere in the world with ease.I'm sure it's played its part in how my work looks but I'm always mindful of keeping the technology side of thingsin check. All my work starts off as a pen drawing on paper. It has to work there before it can go digital. Having said that I've just got a Wacom Cintiq which allows be to draw directly on to my computer monitor. It's been interestingdabbling and playing with it, and I'm already thinking of how I can make different and new works with it. Even though it's excellentI don't think it will ever replace analogue drawing for me, but it will offer new possibilities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment