Chris Scarborough











http://www.scarboy.net/

This guy is amazing. I was originally planning on featuring his ridiculously intricate, and strangely, completely realistic, graphite drawings, because they remind me of old fight scenes in looney toons, and a more western take on anime. But once I was on Chris' website, I saw that he also had a photos section. Now usually, when there's an artist who's great at painting, or sculpting, or graphite, I'm pretty skeptical of their "photography." Most of the time, it ends up being pretentious holga shots of various hipsters. However, Chris' photography was SPECTACULAR. He edits these pictures to look just like his drawings. It's utterly uncanny. They look so real, and so haunting and beautiful. Defintiely check out more on his website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment