Fat Mouse (Calin Sarbut)

This guy has some wicked t-shirt designs. I love his psychedelic color schemes, and his wacky drips and alien animals. I'm pretty sure you can vote for some tees at tilteed and design by humans so you can buy some for all those little sci-fi obsessed brothers out there. 
- Elizabeth







Fast Facts with the artist (From our first issue!):

How old are you?
I'm 26 years old

Where do you live currently?
I'm currently live in Romania, I'm planning to move in Denmark later this year

What’s your education background?
Art high school (painting department) after graduation i took a job as a painter in an italian paint studio in that time I studied graphic design which was a 3 years course at the Arad School of Arts, after that a t-shirt printing company hired me as a graphic designer where i learn a lot about t-shirts graphics and printing

Who is your favorite artist right now?
Eamo Donnelly and Alex Trochut

What are you working on right now?
I'm working on some illustrations for a Jamaican clothing company. Fun project, they are really nice guys

Are you a full time artist?
Yes, I make a living from art, I'm a full time freelancer

How often do you work on your art? What are your patterns?
I spend from 5 to 12 hours on illustrations, most of the time i work all night and sleep all day

What materials do you usually work with?
Pen, paper, photoshop illustrator and of course my Wacom tablet

Describe your process of crafting a new piece of work.
I sketch on paper then scan, inking in illustrator then i put the colors in photoshop

How would you explain your art to someone who has never seen it?
Colorful

When is your favorite time to work?
By night

Is your art representational or abstract?
Most of the time is representational

What kind of music do you listen to?Reggae and dubstep lately

What’s something you’ve never been able to do successfully?
Singing

What’s your favorite color?
Green

Where do you most want to travel to?
Australia (i think is the perfect,/peaceful continent)

What programs do you use?
Photoshop CS and Illustrator CS2

0 comments:

Post a Comment