Camilla d'Errico

Camilla's paintings are so sweet, and I love her candy colors. I especially love the bizarre animals she uses in her paintings (nothing like a giraffe on your head!). One of my favorites is her piece for the High Fructose exhibit bitters and sweets, the red ants go so creepily well with the pink cotton candy hair and pop. Check out her website for more fun, cute girls.
- Elizabeth







Fast Facts with the Artist:

How old are you?
Turning 29 ... almost too old!

Where do you live currently?
I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada. I grew up in a small town in central BC surrounded by fields and forests and nature.

What’s your education background?
I have a degree in illustration and design.

What are you working on right now?
I'm working on Sky Pirates of Neo Terra - the 5 issue mini series published by Image Comics and based on my videogame of the same name (releases Spring 2010 on Nintendo DS and Wii).

Are you a full time artist?
Luckily, yes!

What materials do you usually work with?
I work with a Bic pen for comics, Photoshop for colours and design work and water soluble oils for paintings.

Your pieces have such fun candy colors, what kind of paint do you use?
Water soluble oils, which are amazing! I mix all my own colours.

In high school what clique were you in?
the anti-clique

What’s your favorite decade and why?
the 80's. Best cartoons ever!

Is your art representational or abstract?
probably a bit of both.

Is your art meant to send a specific message to the viewer, or available for individual interpretation?
my art is always open to interpretation. I have my own story to tell when I paint, but my paintings aren't meant to say something, rather they are an expression of me and I enjoy hearing other people's interpretations of them.

When and why did you decide to be an artist?
For as long as I can remember I've wanted to be an artist. I first realized I could draw when I was 5. It is who I am; I couldn't imagine doing anything else.

What’s something you’ve never been able to do successfully?
do 3D turnarounds

Where do you most want to travel to?
Japan, Tokyo - but I just went there in August! It was a dream come true.

0 comments:

Post a Comment