Alison Brady

Uncanny and unnerving, Alison's work captures an alternate reality where the line between reality and fantasy 


What materials do you usually work with?
Often I use very simple props, such as fishing wire, bed sheets, and salami. What is
interesting to me is the meeting of two random elements that come together to create
a whole new relevance. manipulating the everyday into the surreal.

Describe your process of crafting a new piece of work.
It’s a natural process. Some ideas come from realities I observe in day-to-day life.
What I find most disturbing is the subtle distortion of something I can relate to,
or something that is closest to me. That unnerved feeling that one gets when the
familiar (something as familiar as your own body) turns alien and frightening.


What materials do you usually work with?
Often I use very simple props, such as fishing wire, bed sheets, and salami. What is
interesting to me is the meeting of two random elements that come together to create
a whole new relevance. manipulating the everyday into the surreal.

Describe your process of crafting a new piece of work.
It’s a natural process. Some ideas come from realities I observe in day-to-day life.
What I find most disturbing is the subtle distortion of something I can relate to,
or something that is closest to me. That unnerved feeling that one gets when the
familiar (something as familiar as your own body) turns alien and frightening.



- Elizabeth

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment